Custom Library Bookcase Built in Victoria, MN – Project Update
We recently undertook a custom library build for clients in Victoria, MN. It was a great project to work on, and we’re excited to highlight it here for you.
The Library—Before Artisan Cabinets
Before creating anything, we spent some time working with our client to fully understand his wants for the new space, as well as challenges he experienced with the existing space. Here are the important highlights:
- Storage: The client had many books he wanted on display. Even more so, he needed hidden storage to manage all of his files.
- Symmetry: The family room in this house had a large floor-to-ceiling bookcase that the client just loved. He wanted to ensure that his new library bookcases mirrored the existing one.
- Style: Design also mattered to our client. He had many cherished knick-knacks that he wanted to place in a safe home. His end-goal was to have his new library be a showcase for his books and treasured items.
Wendy, our designer, took a look at the client’s wants and then reviewed the existing library before coming up with the new design. Before we unveil that to you, take a look at the space as it was before we entered the picture:
The Library—The Finished Product
Our master cabinet maker took the client’s approved design and handmade every bookshelf and storage piece that now lives in this library. Here is the end result:
Visit our gallery to see more pictures from this great library remodel!
We have had numerous questions put to us about this particular project. Here are some of the details:
- Design timeframe: 2 weeks
- Build, install and finishing timeframe: 6 weeks
- Personnel on the project: Designer, custom furniture maker, project manager, installation crew
If you’d like to know anything else about this Victoria, MN custom cabinet project, please feel free to call us at 952-737-7088 or to send our custom furniture team an email.
Building Successful Projects, One Grin at a Time
Our client is absolutely over the moon with his new library. When we completed the final walkthrough of this space, he couldn’t help but grin from ear to ear. And we couldn’t help grin in return. This was a wonderful project to be part of, and we are all quite pleased with the results. Do you think this happiness is warranted? We’d love to hear your thoughts on how this library turned out. Please leave a comment below or check out this project on our Houzz page.